Already have a Username/Password for Russian Journal of Herpetology?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- This article was not previously published and is not submitted for review and publication in another journal.
- The article is written in US English.
All the text is presented in the format of OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect.
All the bitmaps are presented in the JPEG, TIFF, BMP, PNG, PSD, PDF, or other raster formats in minimum resolution of 300 dpi for actual size. All vector or vector-bimap illustrations are presented in the formats of Adobe Illustrator (.ai), Adobe Acrobat Reader (.pdf), Encapsulated PostScript (.eps), PostScript (.ps), CorelDRAW (.cdr, .cmx), or other.
Author text or tag placed over the bitmap image (for example, pictures or maps) can be easily removed from the picture (for example, made on a separate layer in Adobe PhotoShop, Adobe Illustrator, CorelDRAW, etc.).
Each illustration containing the author's text is accompanied by a separate text file (doc, rtf, txt, wp and other), containing this text.
- Internet links are provided as a complete URL.
Text typed double-spaced, font Times New Roman, 12 pt; to highlight accents used bold and italic, rather than underlining (except internet links).a) title of the article (NOT in uppercase);
The main parts of the article arranged in the following order:
b) running title;
e) the main text;
f) footnotes (except for addresses and affiliations of the authors)
and uploaded in a single file.
Next sections uploaded in separate files:
a) list of authors' names, their affiliations and addresses;
c) each figure (or part thereof) accompanied by text-containing separate file;
d) all figure captions;
e) each table.
Each file has a short description of its contents (for example, Fig. 1, Table 2, Authors, References, Captions, etc.).
References are listed in alphabetical order under the first author’s name and refer only to publications cited in the text.The followiing are examples of the format to be used for articles from journals, books, and non-serial collective publications, respectively:
Parker E. D., Trueb L., and Cloutier R. (1979), “Phenotypic consequences of C. tesselatus to its sexual parental species,”Evolution, 33(4), 1167 – 1179.
Deuchar E. M. (1975), Xenopus: the South African Clawed Frog, Wiley, New York.
Trueb L. and Cloutier R. (1991) “A phylogenetic investigation of the inter- and intrarelationships of the Lissamphibia (Amphibia: Temnospondyli),” in: H.-P. Schultze and L. Trueb (eds.), Origins of the Higher Groups of Tetrapods: Controversy and Consensus, Cornell Univ. Press, New York, pp. 175 – 193.
Danilov I. G. and Vitek N. S. (2009), “Cretaceous trionychids of Asia: a review of record and biogeography,” in: Proc. of the Gaffney Turtle Symp., 17 – 18 October, 2009, Drumheller, Canada, Drumheller, Canada, pp. 52 – 58.
International Code of Zoological Nomenclature (1985), 3rd Edition, Int. Trust Zool. Nomencl., London.
Uetz P. et al. (2013), The Reptile Database, URL: http://www.reptile-database.org (accessed on April 1, 2013).
To ensure the integrity of the blind peer-review for submission to this journal, every effort should be made to prevent the identities of the authors and reviewers from being known to each other. This involves the authors, editors, and reviewers (who upload documents as part of their review) checking to see if the following steps have been taken with regard to the text and the file properties:a) The authors of the document have deleted their names from the text, with "Author" and year used in the references and footnotes, instead of the authors' name, article title, etc.
b) With Microsoft Office documents and PDFs, author identification should also be removed from the properties for the file.
- The authors agree that the mismatch of their article to any of the above requirements may result in the rejection of article on formal grounds, i.e. without consideration of the merits.
- The authors agree that the date of submission of the article is the date of it's registration on the site, defined by the time zone of the site (UTC + 3:00).
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication, with the work three years after publication simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
The names and addresses provided by you when registering on this site will be used solely for technical purposes: contact you, or reviewers (editors) in the process of preparing your article for publication. In no case will not be shared with other persons and organizations.